Dr. Peters and her associates address a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues including depression, grief, anxiety, sexual acting out, aggression, and compulsive behavior. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, we offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client's individual needs. In working with children, we feel it is essential to work with caregivers to ensure the environment is healthy and supportive for change. We teach non-coercive parenting skills. Dr. Peters is a Certified Positive Discipline Parenting Educator based on the work of Jane Nelsen, EdD, author of Positive Discipline.
- Individual Therapy
- Play therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Parenting support and skills training
- Psychological evaluation (including one or more of the following components: personality, IQ, achievement, learning disability, parenting assessment)
- Forensic evaulations (competency to stand trial, extended assessment for child sexual abuse victims)
- Trainings for large or small groups on a variety of clinical topics
- Professional consultation
We specialize in the following issues:
- Child behavioral or emotional problems
- Child abuse and neglect
- Sexual assault and rape
- Juvenile delinquency
- Coping with alcoholism or addiction in a family member or friend
- Foster care and adoption
- Divorce adjustment and blending families
We do not prescribe medication. For medication, consult your physician or a psychiatrist in your area. Iniital therapy sessions are scheduled for 1 to 1.5 hours, subsequent sessions are scheduled for 1 hour.
We welcome and create a safe place for clients of all ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientations.